Sunday, August 21, 2011

50 years into the world's future

Hello Everyone I'm Maria Escamilla and I'm a bridges to the future student. I'm not a big science fiction reader however, i really enjoyed reading this book. I specially liked that it took place here in California a place most of us know. This makes it a lot easier to compare things that are happening now to what is happening in the book. For example we see these huge corporations taking over cities and we see a lot of environmental issues. A lot of these environmental issues we are experiencing now and as corporations keep getting bigger; the idea of these huge corporations owning cities and the people living in them doesn't seem to be such a crazy idea. Reading this book freaked me out a little because one starts to see something that can very much happen. A lot of people don't see too far into the world's future or what the world will look like in fifty years. However one thing that is certain is that fifty years from now we will have serious environment problems. I think that most of what the book talks about will take place like, more unemployment and more poverty. Technology will be a lot better but i don't think there will be too many people in school. I also think that people won't be as crazy as the book describes them; that there will still be some sort of order. I just hope that things don't end up this way and that more people start waking up and seeing more into not only their futures but the worlds' future as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment